Monday, October 24, 2011

Some Thanksgiving Inspiration

Sad to say, Thanksgiving is one holiday that often gets overlooked at my house.  Shame on me!  I have so much to be thankful for!  Year after year, I get so excited to decorate for Christmas after Halloween that I barely give it any thought.  So this year, I am going to show Thanksgiving a little thankful love.  God has richly blessed me and I'm going to show my thankfulness, by golly!  Now I'm going to show you the pictures that serve as my inspiration.

Even though I don't host Thanksgiving at my house, I'm going to pretend I do and create a tablescape just for fun.  However, I am going to cook our own Thanksgiving meal the weekend after so that we'll have some of those delicious leftovers we always miss out on by heading to my parents' house.

Pinned Image
Image found via Pinterest

Pinned Image
Image found via Pinterest

I'll make my favorite pie and do the crust like this.  Or at least I'll try!  Seriously, Martha never ceases to amaze me.

Pinned Image
Image found via Pinterest

I love how people are making "Thankful Trees" lately.  Perhaps I'll try!

Pinned Image
Image found via Pinterest

Pinned Image
Image found via Pinterest

I'm also going to try to make a Thanksgiving banner.  I'm thinking maybe something like this.

Pinned Image
Image found via Pinterest

Finally, a Thanksgiving table isn't complete in my book unless there are festive place cards.  Here are some of my favorites because they're so simple and yet stunning!

Pinned Image
Image found via Pinterest

Pinned Image
Image found via Pinterest

Thanks for letting me share my plans for a fun and festive Thanksgiving season.  I'm looking forward to sharing some fun projects!  What about you?  What will you be doing to show your thankfulness?  Or if you already celebrated Thanksgiving, how did you celebrate and make it special?

No comments:

Post a Comment