Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Our Easter Weekend

We had a wonderful Easter weekend!  Here are some pictures to fill you in on what we were up to.

Good Friday was Jason's birthday.  We had a nice, quiet day at home until it was time to go to church.  While we were there, the boys noticed some crosses made from sticks that decorated some pillars inside of the church.  The boys set to work making some as soon as we got home.




On Saturday morning, we headed to my parents' house.  The weather was beautiful, so my Mom, the aunties Liesl and Amelia, the boys, and I played at the park.










While we were playing, my brother-in-law Ryan and Jason helped my Dad install some fencing along the side of my parents' yard.






All of my Mom's flowers and plants are starting to look so pretty!




Unlike last year, the boys liked dyeing eggs. Their strategy this year was to quickly put them in and immediately take them out of the dye.  I think were were done in a record time of five minutes.  We were going for pastels this year, apparently.




I think they're lovely!


On Easter morning, the boys found their baskets from the Easter bunny on the front porch.


Among all of the candy were some extra treats, such as new pajamas, whoopee cushions, plastic animals, Big League Chew, parachute men, and a new Matchbox car.


After a beautiful church service we took pictures in the backyard.






Auntie Liesl always fills eggs and hides them for the boys.  She's the best Easter bunny around!  Oliver took his time finding the eggs and would open each one and dump the contents into his Easter basket.


However, Henry was a man on a mission and sprinted to each and every egg with such a determined look on his face.












It is always wonderful to go home to be with my family, although we miss my sister Gretel and her little family who live in Nebraska.  Family time isn't the same without them.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend with the ones you love!

He is risen!  He is risen indeed!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great Easter and family time.
    We got to spend time in Waukesha with my family. Just can't get enough of them. Glad my sister has a 3 & 9 yr old so we can do egg hunts with them. Phil, well at 18 he said last year was his last egg hunt. But he ended up in there with the little people to help them.
    Did I miss seeing you at Faith? - Easter Sunday always seems to be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lizette, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete